Tyrs Paladium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Kappsie application
Past lifes for Sorc and wiz... EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 pm by Rhoric

» Application
Past lifes for Sorc and wiz... EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:08 pm by Ghosty2A

» Possible Application
Past lifes for Sorc and wiz... EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 pm by Getcarter22

» Application for @rumrunner151
Past lifes for Sorc and wiz... EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:41 am by willi

» Possible Application
Past lifes for Sorc and wiz... EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - Arammes
Past lifes for Sorc and wiz... EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:50 pm by Commodore

» Application
Past lifes for Sorc and wiz... EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - RixSosltice
Past lifes for Sorc and wiz... EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 am by Commodore

» Kyrsha Morgaine - 25 wiz
Past lifes for Sorc and wiz... EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:36 am by Commodore

Past lifes for Sorc and wiz...

2 posters

Go down

Past lifes for Sorc and wiz... Empty Past lifes for Sorc and wiz...

Post  Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:53 am

Hey guys. What do you think about using the past life feats granted for the TR of a sorc and a wiz? Especially the sorc is very feat-starving, and i´m really not sure if it´s worth to take any of those feats instead of metamagic or some of the other regular feats.

The past life feats are the following ones:

Past Life: Sorcerer
You were a Sorcerer in a past life. You occasionally find yourself daydreaming of dragons. Each time you acquire this feat you gain +1 to the DC's of your Evocation spells and gain 20 additional spell points. (These spell points are only available if you are able to cast spells.) This feat can be stacked up to three times.

Past Life: Wizard Passive Past Life
You were a Wizard in a past life. You occasionally find yourself desiring a good book. Each time you acquire this feat you gain +2 to spell penetration checks* and the DC's of wands you use. This feat can be stacked up to three times.

Past Life: Arcane Prodigy
You recall more about your past life as a sorcerer. Your maximum spell points are increased by 10 at first level, and 5 spell points for each additional level and can produce random elemental damage spells ten times per rest. (Activate this sorcerer ability to blast a target with a ray of combined elements, doing 1d12 damage of a random elemental type plus an additional 1d12 per three caster levels on impact. A successful Reflex save reduce the damage by half.) Past Life: Sorcerer

Past Life: Arcane Initiate
You recall more about your past life as a wizard. You have +1 to the DC's of spells you cast and can cast the magic missile spell ten times per rest, creating a missile of magical energy that darts forth and unerringly strikes its target inflicting 1d4+1 force damage. For every 2 caster levels beyond first you gain an additional missile, maximum 10 missiles.

Edit: Damnit, i just had a prob with my computer, sending it all about two or three times. Please delete the other thread. I´m sorry!

Back to top Go down

Past lifes for Sorc and wiz... Empty Re: Past lifes for Sorc and wiz...

Post  Paks Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:20 pm

The first question you should be asking yourself is: is it worth it to TR after putting all that time, effort, and probably money, into that toon? My personal answer is no, but that's your decision. The next question you would have to answer is: are you TR'ing a sorc as a sorc? If so, not worth it; sorc's need all the feats they have and more.
The thing about feats and enhancements is that it's so personal all anyone can do is give information and advice. My opinion? Its a wasted feat if you take past life feat.
Paks
Paks
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Leader/Founder - Guild Banker DDO/NWO
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Leader/Founder - Guild Banker DDO/NWO

Back to top Go down

Post  Abub Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:38 pm

you have to spend a feat slot on a past life feat? I always thought you got them for free (my highest level character is only 15).

If you don't get the past life feat for free that sucks. What exactly are the pros to reincarnating? You get a few more build points???? is that it? And you have to earn DOUBLE the XP? What am I missing?
Abub
Abub

Back to top Go down

Post  Paks Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Abub wrote:you have to spend a feat slot on a past life feat? I always thought you got them for free (my highest level character is only 15).

If you don't get the past life feat for free that sucks. What exactly are the pros to reincarnating? You get a few more build points???? is that it? And you have to earn DOUBLE the XP? What am I missing?

The first one I believe is free.
Two extra build points and 2.8x XP to level. From what I understand it's worse at higher levels too. It's worth it if you TR as something other than the class you started with, such as NecroSniffer TR'ing from sorc to arcane archer. The past life feats are nice in that regard.
Paks
Paks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Oh, the first one is free? Thats nice to know! Well...i planned to TR from sorc to wiz, and maybe from wiz to sorc after that. Isn´t it right that 36-pt-Builds are possible this way? I really dont know if it´s worth it, but actually i´d like to have a "perfect" toon, and it seems that´s the only way. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:15 am

Actually, if you started a toon as an "adventurer" (28-point build) it can be quite worthwhile to TR. After reaching 1750 favor and a TR you gain a whopping 6 points for your new build. The past life feat can add value to that.

Besides all this, it's fun running around at lvl 11 with green steel equipment. At level 12 you will have access to your green steel weapons... Im Bad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:27 am

By the way, i would not recommend using the very rare tomes (+3, +4) if you´re planning to TR. The lesser reincarnation allows to keep all the bonusses you´ve earned so far, but TR deletes all tomes you´ve used in your past life. You´ll keep all your inventory though, so i´d recommend to use those tomes as soon as you´re not planning to TR anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down