Tyrs Paladium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Kappsie application
Elloneels- half elf wizard EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 pm by Rhoric

» Application
Elloneels- half elf wizard EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:08 pm by Ghosty2A

» Possible Application
Elloneels- half elf wizard EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 pm by Getcarter22

» Application for @rumrunner151
Elloneels- half elf wizard EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:41 am by willi

» Possible Application
Elloneels- half elf wizard EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - Arammes
Elloneels- half elf wizard EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:50 pm by Commodore

» Application
Elloneels- half elf wizard EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - RixSosltice
Elloneels- half elf wizard EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 am by Commodore

» Kyrsha Morgaine - 25 wiz
Elloneels- half elf wizard EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:36 am by Commodore

Elloneels- half elf wizard

4 posters

Go down

Elloneels- half elf wizard Empty Elloneels- half elf wizard

Post  Te Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:38 am

This is my first attempt at an arcane caster, well, at least that I've started off enjoying. Reason being she is a half elf wizard with the arti dilitante, so she is packing a repeater. A wizi w/ an uzi, if you will. I soloed her to lvl 4but I dont want to mess her up! With this theme, how can I improve the build as I go, I guess like a twist on arcane archer or something? Thoughts would be awesome and much needed. Thx.

Te

Back to top Go down

Elloneels- half elf wizard Empty Re: Elloneels- half elf wizard

Post  llev Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:14 pm

I have a pure elf wiz20 that i kinda built with a longbow in mind.

Leveled him multiple times and found having a secondary attack mode made for fun/smooth leveling through just about Gianthold. At this point my damage with ranged fell way behind the useful curve and was relegated to mostly pulling and low sp moments.

I didnt really sacrifice anything to keep my ranged attack/damage up over my casting ability so it kinda made sense though i did note that with a 28-30 dex, i never really had any trouble hitting 90% of the mobs.

This was a CC based caster, somewhat niche in ddo to begin with. Though i guess a caster with a repeater u were going for a more fun/niche character w/o being gimp, which imo is very possible.

llev

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Ok here's the stat/feat layout I'd go with. Skills and enhancements I left for you to play with, but I can draw them up as well, just holla!

A few notes. Spell manipulation/critical enhancements and rogue skills. You can dominate at both with this layout. Lets say you go acid/lightening/force. Go manipulation VII in each. However only buy one tier in each critical enhancement. After that, diminishing value/return sets in.

If you want rogue skills and evasion earlier, you need to take those rogue levels earlier, or split them up. Since you didnt start rogue, its up to you. Maybe take 1st rogue at 7, since 1st PM PrE is at level 6.

You are a machine gunner, with a sniper's eye. Accurate and deadly. Unlike most wizzies who try this, you will not have to worry about to-hit nearly as much, especially early on. What you lack in strength/damage - is reinforced by loot later on. Just remember early on, you are going for stat damage/handicapping the enemy with your repeaters.. That to-hit will help you.

* You want to always on the lookout for the best dex/str stat gear as you level for xbow expertise. Your two rogue levels can provide extra sneak attack damage.

** I considered twisting AA, but too expensive to remain truly potent as a PM in my opinion.

*** Many ways to expand your SP pool: Eardweller Lava, Vile Blasphemy (not exclusive), GS SP item, new SP set from U14, archmagi item, guild slotted SP (up to +80 SP), (epic) spellstoring ring, twisted talisman (can have an epic one and a non epic one), archivists necky

Level 20 True Neutral Half-Elf Male
(2 Rogue \ 18 Wizard)

Starting
Abilities Base Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1)

Strength 8
Dexterity 16
Constitution 14
Intelligence 18
Wisdom 8
Charisma 8

Level 1 (Wizard)
Feat: (Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Artificer
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Mental Toughness
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 2 (Wizard)

Level 3 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Spell Focus: Necromancy

Level 4 (Wizard)
Ability Raise: INT

Level 5 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Empower Spell

Level 6 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy

Level 7 (Wizard)

Level 8 (Wizard)

Level 9 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell

Level 10 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Maximize Spell

Level 11 (Wizard)

Level 12 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Spell Penetration

Level 13 (Rogue)

Level 14 (Rogue)

Level 15 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Penetration

Level 16 (Wizard)

Level 17 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Heighten Spell

Level 18 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons

Level 19 (Wizard)

Level 20 (Wizard)
Commodore
Commodore
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter

https://tyrspaladium.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Te Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:23 pm

So, the rogue lvls mean the xbow is still effective endgame or am I all about casting by that point? Something about the idea of both working together smoothly is just exciting to me. Thanks for all the help and input. Smile

Te

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Yep, it's called synergy! Smile

Almost all arcane archer casters find themselves all about casting at end game, with the added handicap of caster feats/enhancements to fortify their spell pen game, which squashes their PM hopes. This build will specialize in spell pen. If you cant beat the mobs spell resistance (with your spell pen), the spell's DC does not matter. Therefore, ensure you take all three spell pen enhancements. By the by, you also want all want all 3 INT stat enhancements.

Thanks to your arti dili and dex, you will be able to use your repeater, right up to and including end game.

* Strategy: if you are in party with others, its to your benefit not to hit 1st... your SA bonus will proc much more often that way.
* skill tip: absolutely max concentration. With all the "mob love" you'll certainly ahem... maintain.... you'll need all the concentration you can get! Wink
Commodore
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Thairos Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Do you have any crafters? It'd be fun to making a couple of debuffing crossbows to specifically help your (and others') spells land. You can make an Improved Cursepewing Repeater of Shattermantle, and a Cursepewing Repeater of Improved Shattermantle. (I am pretty sure the normal debuffs stack with the "improved" ones.) That'd add some nice utility to this build I think. You wouldn't use them every fight, but for some sustained encounters that could be cool.
Thairos
Thairos
Tyrs DDO Chapter Officer
Tyrs DDO Chapter Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Extremely good advice. You can also make a "wop" repeater. Beautiful thing about this method is it works against their con stat... It will be much easier for you to get their con stat down to zero than to get their hit points down to zero in many cases. You need to just keep an eye on to-hit. Go to higher + repeaters, piling up stat damagers/cc handicappers and of course good 'ole greater banes when only all out damage will do.
Commodore
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Te Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:49 pm

So, to help this toon I need another toon built? Hehe. Remember the simple days when it was just " Do this a billion times and maybe you will get this"? Dont see me getting bored any time soon! TY for all the help guys, how long would I be trying to figure this out alone?

Te

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down