Tyrs Paladium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Kappsie application
Considering joining EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 pm by Rhoric

» Application
Considering joining EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:08 pm by Ghosty2A

» Possible Application
Considering joining EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 pm by Getcarter22

» Application for @rumrunner151
Considering joining EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:41 am by willi

» Possible Application
Considering joining EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - Arammes
Considering joining EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:50 pm by Commodore

» Application
Considering joining EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - RixSosltice
Considering joining EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 am by Commodore

» Kyrsha Morgaine - 25 wiz
Considering joining EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:36 am by Commodore

Considering joining

+4
Commodore
willi
Abub
Cirna
8 posters

Go down

Considering joining Empty Considering joining

Post  Eoder Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:41 am

I am actually not even playing DDO now. I have been playing Neverwinter for about a month and learned about this guild on the NW forums. I'm not certain that I will continue on NW however and am waiting for a DDO key from Turbine so I can try it using the same Turbine account as my LotRO account. Hopefully they will be reasonably fast sending me a key.

The reason I may now continue on NW is simply that it seems PvP is a big part of it and it's just not what I am interested in at this time. Of course, if it is a big part of DDO also then perhaps this would not be for me either right now. So, for now, I am posting this simply to find out what would be the best server to choose once I can finally start playing. I have TP from LotRO so I plan to spend some to unlock the Monk class and start working on a Shintao Monk.

I look forward to meeting you all in game and (as long as I end up enjoying DDO) submitting a real request to join not too far in the future!

Eoder

Back to top Go down

Considering joining Empty Re: Considering joining

Post  Cirna Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:50 am

While you wait for some of the answers you seek, I saw a couple of things I can answer or at least shed some light on for you. First off, far as I know, there is no way to link your Lotro account to a DDO one. I believe it is all different. Which means that any points you have, would not carry over to DDO. I could be wrong about this. Turbine did do a lot of upgrades to their website and stuff in the past year.

Secondly, pvp here in DDO is at best and afterthought. We have brawl arenas/pits, but the pvp aspect of the game has no point. DDO is a PVE game, so if PVP is not your thing, you have nothing to worry about here. I believe you will enjoy DDO. There is nothing quite like it in the MMO world.

Cirna

Back to top Go down

Post  Abub Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:07 am

Points are definitely separate but, but his Turbine account is the same between the two. I think that is what he means.

Abub
Abub

Back to top Go down

Post  Abub Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:09 am

And yep as Cirna said... nothing even close to the ettenmoors exists in DDO. They did a pretty good job of PVP over in LOTRO I think.
Abub
Abub

Back to top Go down

Post  willi Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:42 am

Come on over , the kobolds are just the right temperature!!

You would be very welcome in DDO. There is no pvp unless you want it,you can group up to explore/adventure, and once you are happy you can solo if that floats your boat.

Try it, at the very worst you'll have spent some time downloading and creating a character(dont use the preset character builds), at best you'll have discovered a decent game with good folk. By the way, come to Ghallanda not one of the other worlds if you want to meet us.

Hope to see you in game soon,try it ,you never know you might just become a member of quite a community.Smile
willi
willi
Grand Panjandrum
Grand Panjandrum

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Ok let me put some doubts to bed for ya.

PvP is non-existent on the surface world.  They sectored PvP "Arenas" underneath some bars. Once you know the few locations you can simply avoid that side of the bar and never once even see a PvP fight. PvP is also nonexistent in Tyrs.  Rarely discussed, and nothing is ever scheduled, nor will be. Even better, the entire DDO playerbase popularity for PvP?  Its hovering around .001%. In Neverwinter I'd say its about ~25-30% now... due to the heavy marketing blitz of recent and dev time allocated by Cryptic.

If you want to play a monk... we have in-house one of the very best, Syncletica. His guide is heavily used by the DDO playerbase...

Give us a whirl, but never, ever quit without trying Paks coffee and Part four of the Shroud Raid with good ole TP!  Drunk Wink

PS: This is Aandre from the official NW forums, and LeslieWest from DDO forums. Whenever you are ready, let me know and we'll talk.
Commodore
Commodore
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter

https://tyrspaladium.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoder Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:49 pm

Thanks for the info!

I actually spent a few hours reading through the material on The Book of Syncletica last night. Smile

I did get my subscription key a few hours ago but when I try to log in now it is showing all the world servers as closed. Is the game down at the moment?

At first I assumed the problem was on my end. I have been living in Brazil for the last 2 years (moving back to the U.S. this Sunday actually) so my IP address (unless I log on to my VPN) is from Brazil so I though Turbine might have code to prevent you from logging on to theses servers from certain countries. However, I am on my VPN now with an IP in Alexandria Virginia and still having the same issue. Turbine might also have my specific IP blocked also if they know it is an IP from a VPN provider. :/

Eoder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cirna Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Nope, game is not down. Not sure what the issue could be on your end. Firewall maybe?

Cirna

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoder Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:16 pm

I'm not sure either. I suppose it might be possible for a firewall to make it appear servers are unavailable. I just opened a ticket but probably won't be able to get any reply on it until tomorrow afternoon.

Eoder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tornen Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:34 pm

The only serious use I've ever had for PvP in DDO is testing the mechanics of an ability, where it's convenient to have a friend pose as a target that won't fight back and can tell you his exact hp, saves, etc., and what the combat log looks like on the receiving end. It's much easier to figure out how much of a difference Empower and Maximize make on your Scorching Ray when you can pause and take notes between shots, for example.

Tornen

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoder Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:54 pm

Finally got it figured out. I'm going to roll my Monk now then call it a night. Thanks for all the info today about PvP and Monks. It certainly all sounds good. Smile

Thank you!

Eoder

Back to top Go down

Post  Eoder Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:33 pm

I have been playing off and on for the last week and a half and definitely am enjoying it. I've learned a lot since I first created my monk but I'm sure there is still a lot to learn about DDO to be a better player. My monk is named Trazdapaz but I have not played him in about a week. I also created a Cleric named Trazdasaude and just a couple of days ago I created a Rogue/Wizard named Trazdador. I'll be logging on with Trazdador after I post this so if anyone wants to talk in game please feel free. Smile

Eoder

Back to top Go down

Post  Paks Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:24 pm

Hired!
Paks
Paks
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Leader/Founder - Guild Banker DDO/NWO
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Leader/Founder - Guild Banker DDO/NWO

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:07 pm

GREAT! Welcome aboard Eoder!  You'll make good friends here.
Commodore
Commodore

https://tyrspaladium.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhoric Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:06 pm

You definitely joined the right guild. Tyrs is awesome.
Rhoric
Rhoric
Tyrs ESO Grand Marshall
Tyrs ESO Grand Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down