Tyrs Paladium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Kappsie application
Applying for Membership EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 pm by Rhoric

» Application
Applying for Membership EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:08 pm by Ghosty2A

» Possible Application
Applying for Membership EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 pm by Getcarter22

» Application for @rumrunner151
Applying for Membership EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:41 am by willi

» Possible Application
Applying for Membership EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - Arammes
Applying for Membership EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:50 pm by Commodore

» Application
Applying for Membership EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - RixSosltice
Applying for Membership EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 am by Commodore

» Kyrsha Morgaine - 25 wiz
Applying for Membership EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:36 am by Commodore

Applying for Membership

2 posters

Go down

Applying for Membership Empty Applying for Membership

Post  Faelynn Mon May 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Hello... I'm Faelynn, and my partner is Kat. I'm a lvl 60 DC and Kat is a lvl 60 TR. We both are working on leveling alts; my alt is a CW and his is a GWF. We enjoy playing the game together, and we find that it's easier to play together when we are in the same guild. Instead of adding two threads of discussion to the forum, I just put our responses together.

1) Are you at least 30 years of age (exceptions may be made for those younger, on a case by case basis, so just be honest!)

Faelynn is 40, Kat is 35

2) If you have a forum name on the official Neverwinter forums, then please provide it.

Faelynn's is faelinne, Kat doesn't have one

3) How would you best describe your playstyle while in party with others?

Faelynn: Most would think that I always keep an eye on Kat in parties exclusively. Nothing could be further from the truth. As a DC, I'm there to support everyone. If someone requests that I slot a certain power, I will (as long as I have it). I try to keep an eye on everyone, but I make sure that my tanks and kiters stay alive. I've learned that if the tank or kiter dies, then the dungeon is pretty much a bust.

Kat: As a TR, I'm used to tanking for Faelynn, and have acted as the tank in several dungeons. For the most part, my TR is lousy at taking out adds so I'm usually on the boss with the damage dealer. Even though my TR isn't really great on adds, I will go and help the CWs and DCs when they are overwhelmed. I generally keep smokebomb slotted for that purpose, and tell any squishies in the party to run into the purple smoke.

4) Why would you like to join Tyrs Paladium?

Faelynn: I used to like the guild that we're currently on; however, the attitude of the guild has changed. I'm not considered by the "cool kids" in the guild as "pro," and the guild's rule about alts stepping out of a party to allow mains to get needed equipment is being thrown out the window when it comes to my main. This attitude towards me has gotten worse since I got a job. I want a guild that is patient with me, that understands that sometimes being "pro" isn't everything, that I can joke with, that I can learn new stuff from, and that I can run dungeons in without being blamed everytime something goes wrong. I also enjoy helping people get their gear, because I remember having to run SP or Karru a million times to get the gear I wanted. I think I can have all of this with Tyrs Paladium.

Kat: I want Faelynn to be happy when she plays; she seems to think that we'd be a good fit for this guild, and that's all I need to know. I've been on by myself as a TR when Faelynn's at work, but I haven't really played because nobody in the guild seems to want me in their groups. It doesn't really bother me that they've excluded me, but I've seen senior members with alts bump Faelynn from dungeons, and it bothers her; so, it bothers me.

5) What are your expectations as a member of Tyrs Paladium?

Faelynn: I want to help out the guild in dungeons. I'm pretty lousy at pvp, but I will join pvp parties if needed. I want to learn more about my class's abilities. I want to feel like I'm an actual member of the guild, I want to be respected as a person, I want to be shown courtesy, and I want what contributions I make to the guild to be appreciated.

Kat: I also want to help out in dungeons. I'm better at pvp than Faelynn is; I enjoy it. I'd like to come on and run dungeons when Faelynn is at work. I don't expect too many people to be on at the same times as I am, but it would be nice not to be excluded purposely when I am on with others.

6) Please tell us a little about yourself and your prior gaming experience.

Faelynn: My background is turn-based RPGs, such as Final Fantasy and Atlantica Online. I also played Valkyrie Profiles on the console, but the game isn't really fast-paced. It took me a while to get used to the real-time aspect of Neverwinter. I'm still slow compared to gamers that are experienced in action RPGs, but I'm a lot better than I was when I first started playing about 6 months ago. I'm currently employed, I work 3 P.M. - 11:30 P.M. Tues - Sat, but my days off may change to Wed. and Thurs. in June. I'm hoping that will be the last schedule change in a while. I used to attend college, but finacial aid dwindled down to nothing, so I'm working to earn the money I need to take the last five classes I need to earn my B.S.B.A.

Kat: I play all kinds of games; action RPGs, classic RPGs, shooters, and strategy. I've also played Atlatica Online. We live in Missouri, I'm unemployed and looking for work. I'm not as social as Faelynn, but she's put us on TeamSpeak before, and I'll chat with people.

7) Briefly describe your most memorable moment while gaming.

Faelynn: Kat and I were in a pug group for regular DV. The people we were playing with were inexperienced, and we tried to let them know the overall strategy of the dungeon (i.e. avoiding the tentacles, who should take care of adds). We managed to get to the last room, and most of our party died during the fight with the first sub-boss (because they didn't listen to us when we told them how to avoid those stupid tentacles). We tried a couple more times, but they just weren't getting it. When the group died a third time during the fight with the first sub-boss, Kat and I figured we might as well "go big, or go home." We managed to finish off the first sub-boss, the second sub-boss, and the boss itself by ourselves. It was a pretty awesome, even if it wasn't the epic DV.

Kat: That DV was pretty memorable.... Faelynn took care of most of the adds while I focused on the boss. I ran back to her to help her kill some of the more annoying adds, and for healing. She'd hit me with Healing Word and Sunburst, Astral Sealed the boss, threw down Astral Shield, and threw down Hallowed Ground for me. It was funny in a way because some of our guildies kept saying that she wasn't a very good DC, and she kind of proved them wrong with that.

8) How did you hear about Tyrs Paladium?

Faelynn: Nevewinter forums
Kat: Faelynn told me about the post in the Neverwinter forums.

9) Do you agree to abide by our Guild Rules?

Faelynn: Yes
Kat: Yes

10) List any other significant information here to be considered.

Faelynn: I can't think of any significant information, except for the fact that we haven't left our current guild. I've tried talking to some of the senior members about the problems that I mentioned before, but haven't received a response. I haven't left the guild because there are a couple of cool people on the guild, and I want to play with them until I'm accepted into another guild because I know that I probably won't be able to once we leave.

Kat: I'm still in our current guild because Faelynn hasn't left. We do play as a couple, but we are willing to be split up if necessary.

Faelynn

Back to top Go down

Applying for Membership Empty Re: Applying for Membership

Post  Guest Mon May 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Hail Fellow NwNers

I have to say that is a bit different, never got a 2 for 1 post before !

Everything in your response/s seems like a great match.
Overall experience while not at all necessary is nice. We have a nice mix of long time players and brand new players and everything in between.
It is all about fun, ALL about fun.
Everyone is entitled to play any toon they wish, when they wish, no matter the level or GS.
Many like to group and some prefer to play solo, also perfectly accetable/
We encourage interaction but it is not a 100% all the time requirment in any way, shape or form.
I will grant you access to the forums so you can head into the NWO section and introduce yourselves.
It would be nice if you did so on separate accounts but I won't push that.
The forums are a great source of information and also a great place to get to know the many members that do not either play when you do or even the same game.
You will see once you head into our section.

Look for me in game for a guild invite.
@tyrspaladiummonk.

Mendicant

Back to top Go down

Applying for Membership Empty Registration

Post  Guest Mon May 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Please check your e-mail for a notification and finish the process so I can add you to the forum.

Back to top Go down

Applying for Membership Empty RE: Membership Application Response

Post  Faelynn Tue May 27, 2014 12:37 am

Hail Mendicant!

Thanks for responding so quickly! I have already registered on the forum as Faelynn, and will have Kat do the same. He won't post to the forums often because he is dyslexic and a very slow typist, so I usually convey what he is saying when it comes to the written word. Speaking of which, are y'all on TeamSpeak or some kind of voice chat in-game? If so, that would make it easier for him to communicate when he's in dungeons with guildies and I'm not on.

Thank you for accepting us. I apologize for not being on today. I was planning on logging in since today's my day off, but I apparently have what we think is food poisoning from last night's potstickers (I figured they'd be the death of me eventually... LOL) We'll be on tomorrow before I go to work to leave our current guild, and I will see if you are on at that time. If not, I'll let Kat know how to get a hold of you in game so that you can invite him; I'll also make sure that he can log my main on so that you can invite me as well. I will also make sure that we post our intros to the forum tomorrow as well.

Cheers,

Faelynn
Faelynn
Faelynn

http://hrisonlyhuman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 27, 2014 2:08 am

We use raidcall for delves and at times just to chat.
I will get you the info once we get you in the guild in game.
Which I am looking forward to.

Mendicant

Back to top Go down

Applying for Membership Empty About Kat

Post  Kat Wolfsbane Tue May 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi Mendi...

My profile is set up, and Faelynn put me in the roster. I was going to post an intro in the forum, but I don't have access yet since I just registered. My user name is Kat Wolfsbane.

Look forward to meeting you in the game.

Thanks,

Kat
Kat Wolfsbane
Kat Wolfsbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Hail Kat Wolfsbane !!

Welcome to Tyrs Paladium !!

I'll get your access here on the forums taken care off and I am sure Fae has explained all to you.

Can't wait to meet you two !!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum