» DDO Application - RixSosltice
Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 am by Commodore

» Kyrsha Morgaine - 25 wiz
Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:36 am by Commodore

Application for DDO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Application for DDO

Post  Clearwater on Wed May 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Hey there!  I'm a newcomer to DDO, looking for some folks to have fun with.  Still in the very, very early stages of the game and bouncing around between a rogue, a wizard, and a druid, as I try to decide which I'd like to focus on first.  I live in Europe, though I'm an American.  I'm very enthusiastic about grouping; I know that most things in this game can be soloed, but it's much more fun with a party.  So far my PUG experiences have ranged from excellent to iffy, but I'd like to actually get to know some other people rather than just rush silently from Point A to Point B.

1) Are you at least 30 years of age (exceptions may be made for those younger, on a case by case basis, so just be honest!)
I'm 34, so, yes!

2) If you have a forum name on the official DDO forums, please provide it.
I don't have one yet.

3) How would you best describe your playstyle while in party with others?
Some people are natural leaders, but I'm more of a natural follower.  I'm happy to lead the way once I'm familiar with whatever it is my party is doing, but being a newbie, I find myself lost and a bit confused more often than not.  I'm happier tagging along, following directions and learning.  Deaths or other setbacks don't really bother me, and I'm not too concerned about the rate at which I'm earning xp or favor.      

4) Why would you like to join Tyrs Paladium?
I saw a few of your recruitment posts, and I was struck by the friendly atmosphere, the pro-grouping and anti-zerging stance, and the fact that you've been looking for EU-timezone members.  Every time I check the 'Who' list, there are some guild members online, which is always a good thing (and somewhat surprising, when it's the middle of the European day!).

5) What are your expectations as a member of Tyrs Paladium?
I'm hoping to have a chance to group with other members, though since I'm at the low end of the level curve (to put it mildly), I understand that that likely won't come until I've levelled up a bit.  In the meantime, it's enough to have people to chat with and ask for advice; on my own, I find MMOs quite lonely.

6) Please tell us a little about yourself and your prior gaming experience.
I've played video games since the tender age of seven and done more than my fair share of tabletop.  I've at least dabbled in almost every major MMO, but RPGs are my real love.  I am embarrassingly devoted to BioWare and have lost far too many months of my life to Bethesda.

7) Briefly describe your most memorable moment while gaming.
Tough one, but I'll go with downing Ragnaros with my WoW guild, back in the very early days of that game.  It seems like nothing, now, and was quite unremarkable compared to what other guilds had managed at the time, but it was the culmination of a lot of work on the part of a little RP guild and, consequently, extremely satisfying.

8) How did you hear about Tyrs Paladium?
The DDO forums.

9) Do you agree to abide by our Guild Rules?
Absolutely!

10) List any other significant information here to be considered.
My characters are Leyali, Cerinne, and Cerissa.  I ought to just stick with one for the moment, but I enjoy them all!

Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Re: Application for DDO

Post  Commodore on Wed May 28, 2014 10:06 pm

Howdy Clearwater! Thank you for seeking out Tyrs Paladium. I loved what you had to say, and think you'll be making friends here in this guild. We are very friendly to new players, you'll have no pressures here to perform, and plenty of information. Whenever you have a question or need a hand, ask in guild chat or on the forums here.

So without further ado, Welcome to Tyrs Paladium!

Aandre (Fighter) - Mississippee (Spellsinger) - Gharrick (Warchanter) - Miinsc (Artificer) - Dogfaced (Intimitank) - Comodore (Ranger) - Corkee (Monk) - Joltin (Ranger) - Loca (Rogue) - LeslieWest (Fighter) - Frobozz (Wizard) - RicFlair (Cleric) - Pappalardi (Paladin) - Govvanon (Druid) - VicTwenty (Fighter) - Hyperiion (FvS).
Commodore
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter

http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  willi on Thu May 29, 2014 3:59 am

Hey hold up a moment Commodore(see I can get it right) just what gives you the right to say that we are very friendly to new players? Since when? Eh , eh? On what scale do you rate the Guild ? Where 1 is :This is the Guild , get on with it! through to 10: Welcome to our Guild , what would you like to drink, and would you like a foot rub? Cos if we are anywhere near a 10 I am still waiting for my scotch, and my poor old feet are sooo tired:)

Clearwater, welcome to Tyrs, you have more chance of a drink, not sure about the foot rub, as you are over here in Europe (sensible person).If you need anything please feel free to yell in game or pm me and I'll try to help. This is the best guild in G-Land and you should feel very at home here.

Watch out for Commodore though, he is just soooooo smooth.Smile

Ackerly lv 20 eldrich sorc
Commabayou lv 20 warchanter
Covemonster lv 20 Fighter
Dragbat lv 23 Swashbuckler
Dramoh lv 16 bard/arti
Greenbolts lv 20 ranger
Leonidas lv 16 arti
Mikkibold lv9 rogue
Skummspawn lv 16 cl/ftr
Tooflower lv20 monk
Wilibold lv18 monk/rogue
Willibold lv 24 ranger
Machiavehli druid 16
Plus there is, a bladeforged, and an assasin,
willi
Grand Panjandrum
Grand Panjandrum

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore on Thu May 29, 2014 4:06 am

lmao2 

Please don't mind Sir Willi, he's harmless. Sometimes the really sick patients make it down the hospital elevator and out to the waiting area...

Now now... back to your room Sir Willi!!!

Aandre (Fighter) - Mississippee (Spellsinger) - Gharrick (Warchanter) - Miinsc (Artificer) - Dogfaced (Intimitank) - Comodore (Ranger) - Corkee (Monk) - Joltin (Ranger) - Loca (Rogue) - LeslieWest (Fighter) - Frobozz (Wizard) - RicFlair (Cleric) - Pappalardi (Paladin) - Govvanon (Druid) - VicTwenty (Fighter) - Hyperiion (FvS).
Commodore

http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Elrana on Thu May 29, 2014 7:40 am

Welcome, and I look forward to raising your characters when they die. After all, who doesn't like Clearwater Revival.

El

Schrödinger's cat is dead; long live Schrödinger's cat.

I used to be an ornithologist like you, and then I saw a sparrow in a tree.

Elrana
Tyrs DDO Chapter Officer
Tyrs DDO Chapter Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  willi on Thu May 29, 2014 8:47 am

And I refrained from the bad moon rising jokes.
But I wouldn't give any Credence to what Commodore says!
I'm not sick....just......different?

Ackerly lv 20 eldrich sorc
Commabayou lv 20 warchanter
Covemonster lv 20 Fighter
Dragbat lv 23 Swashbuckler
Dramoh lv 16 bard/arti
Greenbolts lv 20 ranger
Leonidas lv 16 arti
Mikkibold lv9 rogue
Skummspawn lv 16 cl/ftr
Tooflower lv20 monk
Wilibold lv18 monk/rogue
Willibold lv 24 ranger
Machiavehli druid 16
Plus there is, a bladeforged, and an assasin,
willi
Grand Panjandrum
Grand Panjandrum

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisengolem on Thu May 29, 2014 10:21 am

Welcome
I am from germany, and hope to meet you and quest a bit with you. Unfortunatily I suffer in the moment a bit under (?) working stress (That sounds very german... ) ..
I am stressed (not shure, if this is better) Smile

But anyway. If you see a golem on the ship, just ask, if he likes to join. Mostly he will

Eisengolem (Rouge)  - Stahlgolem (Pala) - Metalgolem (Barb) - Golgarie (Wiz) - Lutisana (Bard) - Worgian (Monk/Druid) - Curefang (Cleric) - Antwort (Barb) - Gorgoroth-Do (Cleric) - ArtGolem (Arti)
Eisengolem

Back to top Go down

Post  Clearwater on Thu May 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Aaargh!  I knew the Clearwater thing would come back to bite me.

"It'll be fine," I thought.  "It's just an unfortunate coincidence.  Nobody will even notice."

Talk about naive!  Laughing

Anyway, thanks for having me;  I'm certainly feeling like a fortunate one right now.

Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top