Tyrs Paladium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Kappsie application
Mhoram's Application EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 pm by Rhoric

» Application
Mhoram's Application EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:08 pm by Ghosty2A

» Possible Application
Mhoram's Application EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 pm by Getcarter22

» Application for @rumrunner151
Mhoram's Application EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:41 am by willi

» Possible Application
Mhoram's Application EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - Arammes
Mhoram's Application EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:50 pm by Commodore

» Application
Mhoram's Application EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - RixSosltice
Mhoram's Application EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 am by Commodore

» Kyrsha Morgaine - 25 wiz
Mhoram's Application EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:36 am by Commodore

Mhoram's Application

2 posters

Go down

Mhoram's Application Empty Mhoram's Application

Post  Mhoram Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:34 am

1) Are you at least 30 years of age (exceptions may be made for those younger, on a case by case basis, so just be honest!)

6/21/1980

2) If you have a forum name on the official Neverwinter forums, then please provide it. What is your @hanndle in game?

@mh0ram

3) How would you best describe your playstyle while in party with others?
I have leveled each class and run it through every dungeon available in Beta, primarily to better understand what I should be doing (Early on) myself to have good party synergy.  I also leveled variations of classes (perma-rouge) to dissect each class in order to be able to find counters for each on my PvP Character (GWF Hafling, has been my PvP character since Beta).  In a nut shell, I'm huge on party synergy.  I'm not a fan of DPSx5 parties.  I'd rather go with a cleric, a GF, a CW and two DPS.  Nice and easy runs.

The above being said, my primary interest is the economics of MMO's, followed secondly by helping gear newer players.  This has been my MO for years, starting in Phantasy Star Online, and 6 - 7 years playing FFXI.  

4) Why would you like to join Tyrs Paladium?
Currently I'm a Guild Leader of a guild Founded in Beta with similar principals and age/maturity restrictions to yours.  However, in recent months due to both work and health related issues I don't feel I can continue to give the guild the attention it deserves from me.  I would rather take a back seat and be able to focus on what I would like to do, rather than feel the "need" to gear every single player I come into contact with.  In a nut shell, I'm burned out being a guild leader after 7 years of FFXI and the year and  a half of this game.

5) How do you feel about grouping in game for dailies and or HEs in IWD?
I'm down to group for anything if I feel up to it at the time.  However, I don't want to be told I am required to go on a run when I'm doing something else.  That may sound selfish, so allow me to clarify.  I'm a Husband and a Father first, and a GM of a company second.  Thirdly, I have a rare kidney disorder where I pass a massive amount of kidney stones.  The kidney stones have been getting worse for the last few years, and take a real toll on me.  I log on several times a week (if not daily), but sometimes I'm too exhausted to do much of anything except do dailies and a few dungeon runs.

6) Please tell us a little about yourself and your prior gaming experience.
Sorry, I mentioned that above.  My wife and I ran a group in Phantasy Star Online, and then ran a "newbie" guild in FFXI for several years.  Our main goal was to teach folks their classes, get them the starter gear and then send them onto greener pastures.  We found we had the most fun helping folks out, rather than team up with the "elites".

7) Briefly describe your most memorable moment while gaming.
My first Maat fight in FFXI.  Nothing since then has had my heart pumping quite as hard.  That and the time my wife flipped the table over during a game of Risk.

8) How did you hear about Tyrs Paladium?
I've been searching around, and found ya'll on the forums.

9) Do you agree to abide by our Guild Rules?
Absolutely

10) How do you feel about participating in guild chat in the game, and the forums outside of game?
I talk quite a bit, though I'd like the ability to be more quiet.  The forums I'll analyze other's build and post mine in case anyone wants to dissect them.  Other than that, as stated earlier life is rather complicated for me currently and I'd like to step back and just enjoy the game.

Mhoram

Back to top Go down

Mhoram's Application Empty Forgot a few details

Post  Mhoram Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:39 am

I "Main" HR > CW > TR for PvE
PvP I'm GWF

HR is just under 19K GS
CW is about 18 1/2K GS
TR was my first character, and recently brought out of retirement to have another PvE class to play. He's currently at around 16 1/2K GS

GWF is my hafling PvP character. Has been since open beta.

I prefer "Mho" as my handle on all characters.

I would like to bring all four of the characters I play into the guild. All of my other characters I keep in a "Bank Guild" for storing enchants and whatnot.

Mhoram

Back to top Go down

Mhoram's Application Empty Re: Mhoram's Application

Post  Commodore Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:23 am

Thank you for seeking out Tyrs Paladium, and providing detailed answers. However I have a few more questions/comments for you.

1. Can you describe in more detail your overall playstyle in groups.  Zerging ahead of the group is prohibited in Tyrs, unless its planned (aka scouting). We have a fairly strict "no guildie left behind" policy.

2. Whats your PVE to PVP ratio?

3. Your health issues are no problem in our guild. This is a lively, yet relaxed atmosphere.

4. Can you please describe this line in more detail: "my primary interest is the economics of MMO's"

5. "I don't want to be told I am required to go on a run when I'm doing something else." ---> You'll never be pulled out of a party to help guildies, as that would be disrespectful to the other party members relying on you. However, how often can you see yourself willing to help fellow guildies?

6. "as stated earlier life is rather complicated for me currently and I'd like to step back and just enjoy the game." ---> This is probably the best guild in the game for this activity!
Commodore
Commodore
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter

https://tyrspaladium.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhoram Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:03 am

1. Can you describe in more detail your overall playstyle in groups.  Zerging ahead of the group is prohibited in Tyrs, unless its planned (aka scouting). We have a fairly strict "no guildie left behind" policy.
Really that would depend on the character I'm on.  
When I'm on CW, I focus only on control. Buff, Debuff, Control & make everything in a nice neat little pile.
When I'm on HR I stay to the back and rain death down around the GF or GWF.
When I'm on TR I target the big boys.
Playstyle, as I said I'm big into Party Synergy.  I like to be able to come on a character that will complement the party I'm joining.  Usually I take HR or CW, sometimes TR but usually only on Tier 1 runs until I'm "Done" with him.
Also, I don't play a character that has a role of being the one to run in and aggro the mobs.  On either character I'm usually at the back of the pack.
Boss fights vary, as you know.  I do what the plan is.
I could answer simply and say that I like to do dungeons methodically, meaning small pulls, manageable groups and have a strategy in place.

2. Whats your PVE to PVP ratio?
Rarely do I PvP.  Sometimes when i'm bored and done with dailies and there's no one that needs gear on.  I just have that character for when I feel like doing some Ice Wind killing, Domination or GG.  Probably 98% PvE.

3. Your health issues are no problem in our guild. This is a lively, yet relaxed atmosphere.
That's what I'm looking for, a place to be able to be quiet and help people when life permits.

4. Can you please describe this line in more detail: "my primary interest is the economics of MMO's"

I enjoy the gateway in this game quite a bit, I can do my professions from work which is a nice thing.  
In FFXI it was fishing.  
I will always find a way to make the currency of the game I'm playing and have fun with it.  I have a bit of a mount problem, I like to collect them.
I enjoy trading items.
I enjoy using my resources to help others that are on a total F2P model.  (I enjoy being able to hand out Ioun Stones to folks that could use one).
I typically buy the packs that come out, and enjoy collecting odd things.
I also collect Gold and Profession Resources, for when they release Guild Housing.  This is something I've been preparing for since Beta, having played other Cryptic games and as it's confirmed it will be implemented at some point.
I basically enjoy crafting, though currently I don't have tools (Left them with the Guild as "guild owned assets") other than Artificing and Weaponsmithing.

5. "I don't want to be told I am required to go on a run when I'm doing something else." ---> You'll never be pulled out of a party to help guildies, as that would be disrespectful to the other party members relying on you. However, how often can you see yourself willing to help fellow guildies?
That's what I do, when I'm feeling up to it. I enjoy doing Tier 1 and Tier 2 more than VT/CN/MC etc, as it's more enjoyable to me to help the newer players.  I've always found this to be true.
By my statement "doing something else".  That includes dailies or sometimes trading if I'm on a roll.  
That being said, I'm usually the one asking folks if they need gear and putting together dungeon runs.  When I'm on and dailies are done, I like to do a few dungeons a day.
If I had to place a number on it, 80% of the time I'm up for a dungeon run.
When I'm not feeling well, sometimes all I have time for is dailies. It's important to me to be in a guild where I'm not required to show up at X time to do X activity.  That's one thing I like about the in game activities, it kind of dictates what folks are doing at certain times.  
When I'm actually online to "Play", dungeons is what I enjoy doing.

6. "as stated earlier life is rather complicated for me currently and I'd like to step back and just enjoy the game." ---> This is probably the best guild in the game for this activity!  That's why I'm applying ^^

Mhoram

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:28 am

Thank you so much for clarifying your answers Mhoram.  I get the feel you will make a lot of friends here so welcome to Tyrs Paladium!
Commodore
Commodore

https://tyrspaladium.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghosty2A Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:46 am

Howdy Mho,
This is Ghosty, one of tyrs Neverwinter Officers. Realy like both your post. Hopefuly Aandre will get back to you soon with a response. Would just like to emphasise that we are a realy laid back that just like to enjoy the game and each other. We don't claim to be the best there is at doing delves or what ever, we just have fun doing them. If you can tolerate that, you will get along just great in our guild. Looking forward to seeing you in game. You can contact me in at @ghosty2a .
Ghosty2A
Ghosty2A
Tyrs Neverwinter Chapter Archduke
Tyrs Neverwinter Chapter Archduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down