Tyrs Paladium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Kappsie application
Possible Application EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 pm by Rhoric

» Application
Possible Application EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:08 pm by Ghosty2A

» Possible Application
Possible Application EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 pm by Getcarter22

» Application for @rumrunner151
Possible Application EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:41 am by willi

» Possible Application
Possible Application EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - Arammes
Possible Application EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:50 pm by Commodore

» Application
Possible Application EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - RixSosltice
Possible Application EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 am by Commodore

» Kyrsha Morgaine - 25 wiz
Possible Application EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:36 am by Commodore

Possible Application

5 posters

Go down

Possible Application Empty Possible Application

Post  THOKK Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Before I apply, I really need more information about the guild to see whether we will be a good fit.  That is why I entitled this topic "Possible Application."

1) Are you at least 30 years of age (exceptions may be made for those younger, on a case by case basis, so just be honest!)

Am 77 years old.

2) If you have a forum name on the official Neverwinter forums, then please provide it. What is your @hanndle in game?

Both my NW forum name and my @handle are ross1937.

3) How would you best describe your playstyle while in party with others?

I'm a team player.  I enjoy staying focused on the team's mission and goal.  I try to go with the flow of the party.  That said, however -- personally I enjoy taking the time to appreciate the environment that I am in.  The game designers have taken a lot of time to create believable environments.  When soloing, I love simply stopping to look around at the architecture and details, etc.  Playing a rpg for me is a total experience, not just a game to win or lose or get to the highest level quickly.  When dungeoneering with a party, I will go with the flow, but I'll probably be the slowest member of the party if it's the first time I've been in a particular dungeon.  Furthermore, in general I am a "cautious" player.  I move slowly and carefully in order to spot traps.  I peek around corners to scout out what mobs are ahead so as to decide ahead of time what the best strategy and tactics will be to conquer them.  I FULLY ENJOY TAKING MY TIME. Smile  However, if I'm in a group, I'm willing to go with the flow of the party members.  

In many solo rpg's I have played a rogue/scout PC because I enjoying stealthing my way around and sneaking up on the enemy.  However, in Neverwinter, I chose to play a GWF because the game is new to me and because I think a GWF will be both helpful and easy for me to play in both solo and party play. I have yet to play in a NW dungeon, but in the few outdoor skirmishes I have done I have found it tremendous fun simply to rush in with the other members of the pug and whack away.  

4) Why would you like to join Tyrs Paladium?

While seeking more information about how to use NW Chat, I read an article today about the /legit channel and legit guilds, which I had not heard of before.  One author recommended Tyrs Paladium, so I thought I would look you up.  You seem to be the type of guild I would prefer joining because 1) you are made up of older, more mature members who are serious about gaming but not hard-core, 2) you are a large guild so there is a better chance of my being able to find members to do dungeons with, 3) you have a civil rights policy (non-racist, non-sexist, etc.) that I agree with, 4) you dungeoneer at the pace of the slowest party member, and 5) I like the friendliness of Commodore's welcoming posts.

5) How do you feel about grouping in game for dailies and or HEs in IWD?

I am still so new to NW that I don't really know what "dailies" or "HEs in IWD" are.  So I can't answer this yet.  One main reason for my wanting to join a guild is to have compatible people to dungeoneer with.  Your guild's policy about proceeding in a dungeon quest at the pace of the slowest member appeals to me greatly.  Since I am retired, I am free to dungeoneer every day, if that's what "dailies" means.  But if it's raids designed for level 60s, then my level 19 GWF does not qualify.

6) Please tell us a little about yourself and your prior gaming experience.

I have always loved gaming. I experimented with D&D in 1976 but couldn't figure out what Gary Gygax meant by "levels," so I switched to a similar game called "Empires of the Petal Throne," which had a much clearer set of instructions.  But EPT is a difficult game for people to get their heads around (unless you're an anthropology major), so I went back to playing tournament chess.  In the 1980s I played a number of computer games, including AOL's Neverwinter Nights and various text rpg's on CompuServe.  Since then I have played so many computer games, both solo and online, that I can't remember them all.  WoW probably made the greatest impression on me.  Other online games I liked are Ultima Online, Anarchy Online, Everquest and Everquest 2, Star Wars Online, and Lord of the Rings Online.  My favorite solo computer game is the Civilization series.  I prefer rpg, turn-based strategy, and adventure games more than action, 1st-person shooters, etc.  I like to THINK and PLAN (probably why I like chess so much).  Most of the time I have played solo, even in online games -- the reason being that I have found it incredibly difficult to find compatible players to party up with.  The difficulties range from synching our times of play to compatible play styles.  I'm single, so I have no family members to play with.  I'm older, so none of my friends (people of my generation) are interested in gaming with me.  So I have usually joined a guild in order to find compatible players.

7) Briefly describe your most memorable moment while gaming.

No "most memorable moment" comes to mind.  I've been gaming for so long that it's all mostly a blur of experiences.  I think flying in Might and Magic VII and VIII was the most fun.  So few games offer our PCs the opportunity to fly (not in an aircraft) wherever we want on the map.

8) How did you hear about Tyrs Paladium?

See #4 above.

9) Do you agree to abide by our Guild Rules?

Yes.  They are easy enough for me to follow.

10) How do you feel about participating in guild chat in the game, and the forums outside of game?

I do hope that the guild uses the NW Voice Chat option for those of us who will dungeoneer together in NW since I have read that it is an outstanding feature and works very well in game.  I have little desire to install a 3rd-party Voice Chat app but will do so if necessary.  Although I am not a "chatty Cathy," to use a rather cliched LGBT term, I do participate in Chat in games and in forums, so this won't be a problem.

Now what I need to know:

As I said, one of main reasons for joining a guild is to find enough guild members to form a party with whom Thokk (level 19 half-orc GWF) can go dungeoneering IN THOSE DUNGEONS DESIGNED FOR THOKK'S LEVEL.  If there are no members whose PCs who can do this, I am willing to wait until Thokk gets up to a higher level.  Just let me know. Smile

P.S. Thokk currently has two active companions: a devout cleric and a dog.  The cleric is his main companion.  The dog was a prize from winning an adventure in Sword Coast Adventures.  I play SCA every day.  I also am focusing on Leadership in Professions in order to gain astral diamonds.  Have been using Gateway via my iPhone for these activites.

That's it for now!

THOKK

Back to top Go down

Possible Application Empty Re: Possible Application

Post  Commodore Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Good day Thokk!!

Well thank you so much for taking the time to research our guild. Based on what you typed, I think you'd fit in great. You'll certainly  be gaming and conversing with like-minded personalities.  We have a good deal of guildies in the 50-70+ age range.  And we are proud of it.    

Im going to grant you full access to our forms. I have no doubts you'll make friends from Day One in Tyrs Paladium.  Welcome aboard!!!
Commodore
Commodore
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter

https://tyrspaladium.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:25 pm

We have a bug at the moment on our current site here.  If you check your email, they'll be a link to verify your account.  When you click the link, it gives an error. At this point just enter the information manually that you signed up with and it should grant you access.

On the bright side, be sure to sign up check out our brand new site here! http://tyrspaladium.shivtr.com/?game_id=84

You'll be joining your guildies as we migrate to a much cooler website!! Smile
Commodore
Commodore

https://tyrspaladium.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Possible Application Empty Email Bug

Post  THOKK Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:51 am

Thanks, Commodore, for your prompt reply and welcome! Actually, the email link worked, so that was a pleasant surprise!  I am now registered (as THOKK) in both TP website "homes."  So I guess I'm set.  Will familiarize myself first with the info on the new website to see what TP members are doing in NW and then return to the old website for additional info.

Thanks again for your welcome. Smile

THOKK

Back to top Go down

Possible Application Empty Not Yet Allowed to Post on the new TP Website

Post  THOKK Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:57 am

Just discovered that my (THOKK's) application to join TP via the new website is still waiting to be approved.  So I guess I'll stick to reading the info on TP's old website until it's approved.

THOKK

Back to top Go down

Possible Application Empty Old Website Info -- DDO Emphasis?

Post  THOKK Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:14 am

I've just discovered that all the "Quick Links" are for DDO.  Could find nothing about Neverwinter.  I hope that the info on the new website contains helpful info for us NW guild members.

THOKK

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhoric Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:42 am

Welcome to Tyrs Paladium. Yeah the quick links at the top of this site were for DDO as this guild originated there. All info for Neverwinter will be located in the Neverwinter sub-forum here. And if you have a question or questions, you just have to ask.
Rhoric
Rhoric
Tyrs ESO Grand Marshall
Tyrs ESO Grand Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  Getcarter22 Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:54 am

Welcome
i am glad you choose Tyrs, i can confidently say that your play style is welcome in Tyrs Hi-5 , i duo Ak who is 71 & we go slow, explore & hunt lore & sight see specially the architecture Celebrate hope you are soon settled in & making friends in guild handshake
clare/bracken [@getcarter88]
Getcarter22
Getcarter22
Tyrs Bracelet of Friends
Tyrs Bracelet of Friends

Back to top Go down

Post  Paks Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm

THOKK wrote:Just discovered that my (THOKK's) application to join TP via the new website is still waiting to be approved.  So I guess I'll stick to reading the info on TP's old website until it's approved.

You have been approved on the new site, just click the NW link at the top left and enjoy!
Paks
Paks
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Leader/Founder - Guild Banker DDO/NWO
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Leader/Founder - Guild Banker DDO/NWO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down